Tuesday 3 February 2015

The Mammy Projects

If you are anything like me, you love hearing people say things like "My grandmother made this for my mother and she passed it on to me on my wedding day / on the birth of my first child / [enter sentimental event here]". I am a total softie when it comes to such situations. So I thought to myself "Why not be that gandmother?". 

In the coming days, I'll be posting some tutorials on what I like to call Mammy Projects. These are about creating pieces that have the potential to become family hierlooms. 

Of course I can't be sure that I'll ever be a grandmother or that these pieces will survive the test of time, but at least I'll have given it a go. I really enjoyed working on these projects and hope that the tutorials will inspire you to begin some hierlooms of your own. 


How to Sew a Christening Gown for your Baby



From this...
...to this.


Renovating a Doll's Cradle - perfect for a little girl's room

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment